Image Map

Monday, September 10, 2012

Nutella Fudgesicle

I have a confession: I have never had Nutella before this popsicle. I blame my mom, she would have never let us kids have a chocolate spread as "part of a nutritious breakfast." After all, Nutella is made by Ferrero, which makes Ferrero Rocher chocolates. So I am sure, to my mother, Nutella was tantamount to slathering melted hershey kisses over toast.

Actually, now that I've tasted Nutella, it is just like that, only better.

We know that Nutella is basically a tub of spreadable candy bars, so rather than the breakfast table, let's make dessert with it!

I've seen Nutella fudge pops lurking around the web, and I wanted to make one myself. Most of the recipes called for chocolate milk and use a higher ratio of milk to Nutella, but I wanted tons of Nutella in mine, and I wasn't about to hunt down chocolate hazelnut milk. I think the more concentrated amount of Nutella made the popsicles nice and creamy. Mr. Mochi and my brother raved about the texture, which was very smooth unlike most popsicles which are icier.

I don't think this really counts as a recipe, but all the haters can shush.

Nutella Fudgesicle

1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup milk

I heated the milk until warm (about 15 seconds or so) in the microwave so that the Nutella and milk would mix easier. Whisk together until the Nutella has completely dissolved into the milk, and then pour into your popsicle molds. Place in freezer for about 1 hour, then insert popsicle sticks. Freeze overnight or until firm. One cup was perfect for filling three 3 ounce dixie cups, but this recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.

See Also:
X Rated Mimosa Popsicles
Kero Kero Pop: Midori Sour Pops

3 comments:

  1. Ah! These sound so amazing. I have only had nutella maybe one time? And I thought it was so overrated. . . but these really do make me want to give it another try. Such a clever cousin I have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the over-hype factor. I didn't have any epiphany when tasting it as I was led to believe.

      However, it is nice to not have to melt chocolate when you are craving some fudgesicles, and I think that is why it is so popular in recipes. No need to temper or chop chocolate, and you get that depth of flavor with the hazelnut.

      Delete
  2. I could eat Nutella every day! I love the use of it in fudge!

    ReplyDelete